I started my Yoga journey in 1996 by experimenting with meditation for the first time after reading The Warrior Within, a book about Bruce Lee...
This sparked a deep interest in Buddhism which led to an ongoing contemplative study of Toaism, Hinduism and Zen. I found much inner peace by indulging in the wisdom of our lost ancient cultures with a deep connection to shamanism. I don't follow a religion, however the philosophies of many of the Eastern traditions resonate with me deeply, as do universal wisdom teachings of our shaman brothers and sisters -they are all connected.
Yoga came to light in the late 90's as I searched for a way to balance my physical practices of martial arts and gymnastics, with my esoteric practices of meditation, mindfulness and compassion.
I consider myself an activist, sometimes outspoken, though always thoughtful. Yoga is so much more than just a physical exercise. Yoga is my way of understanding that we are not separate from nature, we are nature... For me, this link to nature ignites the connection between yoga and shamanism, though you don't have to agree or even understand this to enjoy my teachings, you will find your own path through your yoga practice.
My teaching style appeals to students of all levels and backgrounds. I'm blessed to be able to work and explore all of my ares of interest, my work includes written word, giving talks, shamanic healing, teaching workshops, music and the creative industry, teaching yoga on and off the mat, psycho-spiritual therapy and martial arts.
That's enough about me. I'd like to find out about you. If you have any questions, or would just like to get in touch, head on over to my contact page.
The Gentle Rebel
- Yoga Instructor level 3
- Shamanic healing - International Alliance of Holistic Therapists Diploma
- Studying 3 year Shamanic Practitioner Training
- Psycho-Spiritual Coaching Diploma with the Complementary Medical Association
- IBPDA recognised Neuro Linguistic Programming Diploma
- IAHT Diploma in Meditation
- IAHT Diploma in Mindfulness
- IAHT Diploma in Ayurveda
- CYQ Level 2 Health Related Exercise for Children.
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Self Defence Instruction
- The Approach Level One Instructor
- BA level 2 General Gymnastic Coach
- Kru - Muay Thai
- Fitness instructor level 2
- MAGB certified martial arts instructor
- Enhanced CRB checked
- First Aid
- Yoga (UK, India and Sri Lanka)
- Muay Thai (UK and Thailand)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Yoga Thai Massage
- Jyotish (Vedic Astrology)