I'm Andy. I started my Yoga journey in 1996 after experimenting with meditation for the first time after reading The Warrior Within, a book about Bruce Lee...
This sparked a deep interest in Buddhism which led to an ongoing contemplative study of Toaism, Hinduism, Zen and other forms of Buddhism, as well as the study of our lost ancient cultures. Although I don't follow a particular religion, the philosophies of many of the Eastern traditions resonate with me deeply, as do the esoteric Western teachings.
Yoga came to light in the late 90's as I searched for a way to balance my physical practices (martial arts and gymnastics) with my esoteric practices.
I consider myself an activist, sometimes outspoken, though always thoughtful. I believe that Yogis are capable of saving our planet. We can't rely on corrupt politicians and mindless, greedy corpocracy. It's the awakened ones who must lead the way by example. That's why for me Yoga is so much more than just a physical exercise. Yoga is my way of understanding that we are not separate from nature, we are nature - this is just my personal belief, you don't have to agree or even understand this to benefit from my teachings, you will find your own path through your yoga practice.
My teaching style appeals to students of all levels and many different backgrounds. My work in yoga involves written word, giving talks, workshops and events, teaching on the mat and 1-to-1 therapy.
I also work in the creative community and teach children.
That's enough about me. I'd like to find out about you. If you have any questions, or would just like to get in touch, head on over to my contact page.
Andy - The Gentle Rebel
- Yoga Instructor level 3
- IAHT Diploma in Meditation
- IAHT Diploma in Mindfulness
- IAHT Diploma in Ayurveda
- CYQ Level 2 Health Related Exercise for Children.
- BTEC Level 3 Advanced Award in Self Defence Instruction
- The Approach Level One Instructor
- BA level 2 General Gymnastic Coach
- Kru - Muay Thai
- Fitness instructor level 2
- IBPDA recognised Neuro Linguistic Programming Diploma
- International Alliance of Holistic Therapists Diploma in Shamanic healing
- MAGB certified martial arts instructor
- Enhanced CRB checked
- First Aid
I have trained in
- Yoga (UK, India and Sri Lanka)
- Muay Thai (UK and Thailand)
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Jyotish (Vedic Astrology)